What's new

8.1 and HD 4000 driver

pierre118

Thanks!!

I injected the version of the Intel drivers you suggested, the HD control panel is working now. I used the latest Intel drivers, and they don't work.

I just see that 3DMark2011 crashes when starting the program. :(

pierre118

Can these drivers be added after installing 8.1? Or do they need to be injected into the installer?

Maybe you can try? You must use version 9.18.10.3071 of the Intel drivers, the newer ones(9.18.10.3165) will give an error on the HD Control panel. I think it will be better to uninstall the actual graphics driver first before installing the 9.18.10.3071.

Last edited:
OP
Q

Quicky

Tried it, and the control panel now works. I had tried the 3165 version previously, which did not work.

pierre118

It is pity that 3165 is not working with the HD control panel, because this version give a graphic performance boost of 15% (tested with 3DMark11)

bangsters

No, I created a custom install of 8.1 and it's flawless. All of the connection and power management issues are gone for me.
Edit: I just read your thread about the display issue, I didn't understand you completely here, the issue IS there on mine also.

thanks for the update on the current tile issue.