What's new

$6.99 for Note 10.1 S-pen!

mitchellvii

For those of you looking for a softer touch stylus for your SP, Amazon has amazing deal on the Note 10.1 S-pen for just $6.99 marked down from $39.99. Bestbuy has these in stock and will price-match in the store.

** EDIT: Price just went up to $14.99. Still a good deal but you snooze you lose.

It works just like the SP stylus except that it has rubber nibs available which makes for smoother inking than the OEM hard plastic.

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics S Pen for Galaxy Note 10.1-Inch (6.5pi for Built-in Pen Slot) (ETC-S1G2BEGXAR): Computers & Accessories

11qNFtnDrLL.jpg

Last edited:

scharp

I'm pretty sure best buy will only price match amazon's price of $26.84. I might just pick up one of these for the 3 soft nibs which I think should fit in the surface pen.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I'm pretty sure best buy will only price match amazon's price of $26.84. I might just pick up one of these for the 3 soft nibs which I think should fit in the surface pen.

Considering I just bought one of these at Bestbuy for $6.99 I beg to differ :)

No, the nibs for this pen will NOT fit the SP pen. They are too short.

scharp

Considering I just bought one of these at Bestbuy for $6.99 I beg to differ :)

No, the nibs for this pen will NOT fit the SP pen. They are too short.

That might have been an oversight by a BB employee as I don't think they're supposed to be price matching 3rd parties. Hope I'm wrong and your case wasn't just an exception.
As long as the diameter of the nib is the same, I think you can put something between it and the pen's sensor if it's too short.
How is the precision compared to the surface pen?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

That might have been an oversight by a BB employee as I don't think they're supposed to be price matching 3rd parties. Hope I'm wrong and your case wasn't just an exception.
As long as the diameter of the nib is the same, I think you can put something between it and the pen's sensor if it's too short.
How is the precision compared to the surface pen?

No not an oversight. My local Bestbuy always gives me the lowest price I can find on Amazon. I once got a $60 case for $18 there.

Price just went up to $14.99. You snooze you lose :)

Take my word for it, unless the pen nib is PERFECT LENGTH AND WIDTH it will NOT work right in the SP Pen. These are a bit shorter and if you jam it in there you may not get it back out.

IMHO the precision is better that the OEM pen.

Last edited:

ximoosea

Is this the one that has the built in eraser function? I get confused on all of the Galaxy Tab pens....seems many don't but I have seen one at least that does.