4 new Surface Products coming...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 this year, 3 in 2017
Microsoft Surface 2017 placeholders appear at Building 88

There could be other interpretations of this picture
building-88-surface-2017-473x630.jpg

These placeholders in a display case may be for 4 new Surface Products.
Clearly if you look closely, blow up the picture, 3 are labeled 2017 and one is labeled 2016.

Surface 4, Surface Pro 5, Surface Book 2 and perhaps the mysterious AIO Surface?
Pure Speculation... but it could be... or could it?

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is that Microsoft's version of a hero? :D
It could be, think how important it will be in underwater cities, having a self driving sub that can parallel park. :D

Seriously though, one of those devices could be the Surface Phone. If they go with Surface Band or Surface Xbox then Surface becomes an overused brand.

Not that MS wouldn't over use a name or that other companies don't routinely do it. like Yoga, X1, ThinkPad... or HP Elite ... I give you actual products ... unbelievably

ThinkPad Yoga is a convertible 2 in one
ThinkPad X1 is a business class ultrabook
ThinkPad Yoga X1 is another convertible 2 in 1 with X1 tacked on
ThinkPad X1 Tablet is a Surface Pro clone
HP Elite X2 is a 12" Surface Pro clone
HP Elite X3 is a Phone - perhaps a Surface Phone precursor.

Of course Surface was a completely different product originally until they reused/repurposed the name. The original product became PixelSense until they stole that name for the screen technology in the Surface Pro 4 & SB.

A future product may be called the ThinkPad X1 Yoga Carbon IdeaPad Book Elite X5 Fireball with HoloSense.

Last edited:

jrioux

...Seriously though, one of those devices could be the Surface Phone. If they go with Surface Band or Surface Xbox then Surface becomes an overused brand.

Not that MS wouldn't over use a name or that other companies don't routinely do it. like Yoga, X1, ThinkPad... or HP Elite ... I give you actual products ... unbelievably...
I know, I'm the proud owner of a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 with Windows.