What's new

32 GB version enough?

hypokondriak

I don't get your second thing. My point is that I can resell at a higher rate and get more money back on any higher spec device.

And my point is that I can get exactly what you have for a lower rate and thus can afford to sell it as such. :)

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

oion

And my point is that I can get exactly what you have for a lower rate and thus can afford to sell it as such. :)

That's nice, but I don't know if you're being purposefully dense or just want to argue: The reason why I added those comments was for the benefit of the OP as additional data points in decision-making if he's not sure. This thread isn't about you. The average users when buying secondhand devices will not think about what other tech maneuvers they can do to maximize things beyond base spec. If price is more of an issue for the OP, then certainly he should go 32GB, but his app store behavior potential or otherwise is an unknown.

hypokondriak

That's nice, but I don't know if you're being purposefully dense or just want to argue: The reason why I added those comments was for the benefit of the OP as additional data points in decision-making if he's not sure. This thread isn't about you. The average users when buying secondhand devices will not think about what other tech maneuvers they can do to maximize things beyond base spec. If price is more of an issue for the OP, then certainly he should go 32GB, but his app store behavior potential or otherwise is an unknown.

Hey sorry I ticked you off. I really liked your contributions but now that you've resulted to name calling by saying I'm dense this will be the last time I'll knowingly converse with you as that's quite disrespectful.

Regarding resale value I just pulled up the last 5 Surface RT's sold as 32GB and 64GB with adapter only in working condition. All were sold in second half of October via eBay. Free shipping vs no free shipping is the only remaining variable.

64GB: 286.99 / 305.00 / 289.99 / 305.00 / 304.99 = midpoint of $298
32GB: 269.99 / 290.01 / 298.00 / 249.00 / 232.50 = midpoint of $267

OP
S

Saftis

Cheers for the input guys, 25GB free after removing the recovery partition sounds fine, I stream all my media from my NAS or other solutions anyway. Picked it up with a 20% cashback today :)