What's new

2017 Surface Pro (i7) Touchscreen problem with Kaspersky AV

SteveL

I have a wonderful new Surface Pro (i7) running build 1703. Unfortunately, my antivirus, Kaspersky does not recognize the touchscreen input so tablet mode is a big problem without a mouse.

Help from Kaspersky says I should go back to .Net 4.6.2 from 4.7 which they think is installed on my computer. But they don't say how.

I am not sure what my .NET version is and don't know if that is a valid request. All I see in the registry NDP is v4.0.

Registry mods like this are not my preferred method for resolving software bugs. Does anyone here have any other ideas and is it possible to go back or reverse a .NET version? If so please share how.

Happy Trails

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Is Kaspersky a requirement? It seems easier to remove it...this is one of the reasons they aren't certified any longer...

OP
SteveL

SteveL

Thank you for the reply. Kaspersky isn't a requirement; It's just a preference.
And to be clear, my Surface Pro is fantastic and this is not a Surface issue. It is a Kaspersky issue.
Certainly for short term going back to Defender is an option.
I don't fully understand application certification but will research that topic.
I have found other software updates to have problems in the past and been able to revert to a previous version through a system uninstall/reinstall. I would prefer that as a temporary fix.
I think I need to find a .NET forum for some specifics on .NET installations.
Happy Trails

ALI IBRAHEM

you can go to control panel _ then go to the programs and features - then go to turn windows features on or off ... and disable net 4.7 from the list
Now it will work normally

Attachments

• 0-02-03-e30f38ab0aacf1ff9ffb045c3d45fd6cd73a475dedd7c358c47733d99b13d5f5_full.jpg
    0-02-03-e30f38ab0aacf1ff9ffb045c3d45fd6cd73a475dedd7c358c47733d99b13d5f5_full.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 517

convergent

I would get rid of Kapernsky, with or without the Surface Pro, Pen, etc.. The built in virus protection in Windows 10 is sufficient and the 3rd party virus software is more trouble than its worth, and I don't believe it provides any additional security for the trouble.